The following terms and condition govern the use of Polka Dot Kenya and the purchase of any goods from it.
This website is operated by Polka Dot Kenya limited. Throughout the site, the terms “we”, “us” and “our” refer to Polka Dot Kenya limited. We provide you, the user, with this website, as well as any information, resources, and services available through this site, conditioned on your acceptance of all terms, conditions, policies, and notices contained here.
By visiting our site and/ or purchasing something from us, you engage in our “Service” and agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions (“Terms of Service”, “Terms”), including those additional terms and conditions and policies referenced herein and/or available by hyperlink. These Terms of Service apply to all users of the site, including without limitation users who are browsers, vendors, customers, merchants, and/ or contributors of content.
Please read these Terms of Service carefully before accessing or using our website. By accessing or using any part of the site, you agree to be bound by these Terms of Service. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not access the website or use any services. If these Terms of Service are considered an offer, acceptance is expressly limited to these Terms of Service.
Any new features or tools which are added to the current store shall also be subject to the Terms of Service. You can review the most current version of the Terms of Service at any time on this page. We reserve the right to update, change or replace any part of these Terms of Service by posting updates and/or changes to our website. It is your responsibility to check this page periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the website following the posting of any changes constitutes acceptance of those changes.
To use polkadotkenya.com, you affirm that your 18 years and older and your able to form a legal binding agreement. One must have a valid credit card or other acceptable means of making payment such as MPESA or PayPal. By using our website, you agree that you are only authorized to use our services for personal use and not for business purposes without requesting for separate agreement in writing. This entails that you not purchase any product from us and resell either directly or indirectly.
Pricing and Purchases
All orders have to be paid in full before they are processed. Failure to make the payment within 4 hours after placing the order may result to the order being cancelled. The prices will be those in effect to the time of purchase in Kenyan Shilling and unless otherwise stated excludes shipping (delivery fee), handling charges and taxes. Pricing is based on product availability and subject to change or correction at any time without notices. All products are subject to availability.
Delivery of Gifts
While we will make every effort to have your goods delivered on your preferred date or within the estimated delivery timeframes, Polka Dot Kenya does not accept responsibility for and is not liable for any delivery delays. If you are not completely satisfied with our service as a result of a delivery delay you can return the product to us in accordance with our Returns Policy. A late delivery or delivery not on your preferred date does not entitle you to a refund of the delivery fee.
Polka Dot Kenya accepts no responsibility for any errors you make when entering orders, delivery instructions, card messages or other information. If an order needs to be redelivered as a result of an incorrect address any additional delivery charge will be passed on to the customer.
Polka Dot Kenya is not liable for any loss or damage arising after delivery has taken place. This includes loss or damage resulting from delivery to an unattended address where the recipient has granted permission to leave the goods unattended.
Rules for Delivery
- Delivery will be made as per the delivery either on the billing or shipping form. If recipient doesn’t accept the delivery, we shall consider the order to be delivered.
- Polka Dot Kenya will be able to attempt delivery of your order only ONCE. In the event the delivery is not executed during the attempt, the customer shall still be charged for the order and has to pay for redelivery where deemed possible.
We will consider the delivery executed in the below cases:
- Wrong shipping/delivery address.
- Recipient not available.
- Premises locked.
- Wrong Mobile number or Extension number which may render us unable to reach the recipient for the delivery.
- Recipient refusing to accept the delivery.
- Delivered the product at the Gate/ Reception/ Neighbour.
Delivery to home or office has a service charge that is dependent on the area and distance from the Nairobi CBD. You will see delivery charges at the checkout page before placing an order. Delivery is categorized as Within Nairobi CBD, Nairobi and it Neighbourhoods Area, and other Towns in Kenya.
Same Day Delivery
Same day delivery means that an order can be delivered on the same day that is placed on the website or through our customer support team.
Same day delivery is only guaranteed for orders made before 2.00pm.
NB: Same day delivery does not apply on special dates like christmas day or Valentine’s day and different conditions may apply.
Next Day or Scheduled Delivery
Next day means that order received today are delivered on the next available day. You can also schedule when you want your delivery to be made up to 60days in the future.
Mandatory Delivery Information for Customers and Recipients
Your contact details will be captured as the billing information, while the recipient information while be captured on the shipping information.
On the check-out process, you will need to provide us with the following information:
- Your email address
We use this information to provide a better customer experience by sending you order confirmations and delivery confirmations. We may also need to contact you in the event that there is a problem with your order. Please ensure that your email address is correct.
- Your full name
We will use this information when communicating with you.
- Your phone number (add country code where possible)
We use this information to contact you in the event of problems with the order such as payment failures or delivery issues. If your outside Kenya, we may WhatsApp to keep you posted on real time.
- Recipient’s full name, address and contact numbers
We will require this information in order to deliver the package you have ordered. It is important that the recipient’s address and contact numbers are correct. Failure to provide us with a valid delivery address and the correct recipient details may result in the order not being delivered and an additional delivery fee being charged for re-delivery to the correct address.
Please check all spelling carefully as we may not be able to amend spelling errors (especially at busy times).
Gift Hampers Substitution
In the unlikely event that an individual item in a hamper is unavailable we will substitute it with a similar item of equal or greater value. If you do not want us to do this please state this in the comments section during checkout.
Some products are photographed with additional props. Unless something is listed in the product description it is not included.
Polka Dot Kenya has not reviewed all of the sites linked to by this site and is not responsible for the content of those sites. Following the links to any off-site pages or other sites is undertaken at your own risk.
Deliveries Returned to Us
- Occasionally a hamper will be returned to us for one of the following reasons:
- a card was left but there was no response from the recipient to arrange re-delivery
- a card was left but the recipient did not pick the package up from the post office or newsagent
- the recipient is not known at that address or has moved
- address details are incorrect or insufficient
- the recipient was in a hospital or hotel and has been discharged or checked out
- If a parcel has an incorrect address, our couriers are unable to call the recipient to verify, and instead, the parcel will be returned to us
- Hampers cannot be re-directed while in transit and will need to be returned to us before being sent to the new/correct address
- We will inform you via email within one week of the hamper being returned to us
- An applicable re-delivery fee will be passed on to you to facilitate the delivery of the hamper to the same or an alternative address
- Due to the perishable nature of our hampers, orders returned to us for any of the reasons mentioned above cannot be cancelled and refunded.
Returns, Cancellations and Refunds
- If you have any queries or concerns with the hamper(s) you have sent or received, please call our customer service team on 0791009595 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. In the event that your hamper or its contents arrive damaged or faulty, we will happily replace, exchange or issue a credit depending on the extent of the damage
- We will require photos so that we can better understand the extent of the damage or issues with the product
- If it is necessary for the product to be sent back to us due to damage or being faulty, we will email you a return label to cover the cost of the shipping
- We will not be able to replace, exchange or issue a credit for any product that has been dispatched for more than 30 days
- Please note that refunds will be credited back to the original credit card or Mpesa account used
- Orders cannot be cancelled once they have been prepared and are with our couriers for delivery
Purchase of Alcohol
Polka Dot Kenya supports the responsible service of alcohol. It is an offence to supply alcohol to or obtain alcohol on behalf of a person under the age of 18 years.
Links to other Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Limitation of Liability
Any liability of Polka Dot Kenya in connection with the products supplied to you, subject to any non-excludable conditions or warranties implied by legislation, is limited to the amount you paid for the products supplied.
Placing an order with polkadotkenya.com constitutes an offer to enter an agreement to purchase goods. This offer is only accepted by Polka Dot Kenya when the goods are dispatched.
Polka Dot Kenya reserves the right to terminate accounts, edit or cancel orders or not to provide goods at our sole discretion at any time. Apart from refunding your payment for any unfulfilled orders, Polka Dot Kenya will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from exercising these rights.