Information We Collect
We collect personal information and anonymous information. More specifically, we gather the following categories of information:
- Registration information you provide when you create a polka dot account for express checkout of gift hampers. It includes your email address, billing information, contact information, and company information.
- Transaction information you provide when you check out gift hampers. Contact details of the recipient of gift hampers you ordered are also included.
- Information you provide when you send a message or contact us through our live chat.
- Information about your use of our services, which includes but not limited to your browsing information (such as your IP address and browser type) and data about your computer (such as your operating system and software installed on your computer).
How Polka Dot Kenya Collects Personal Information
We gather information you submit when you create an account, check out gift hampers, participate in promos and surveys, and contact our team for enquiries and other concerns.
We also collect information courtesy of technology like cookies. Cookies here are not the yummy baked goodies. These are small files that are kept on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies allow web applications to analyse web traffic and identify websites you use. It will enable Polka Dot Kenya to recognise you everytime you visit our website and respond to you as an individual. Through cookies, we can keep track of your preferences, the personalisation you have done, and tailor your experience with us based on your needs, without requiring you to type a password each time. In short, cookies help us deliver a user-friendly website to you. You can accept or decline cookies by adjusting your browser settings. However, please note that choosing to decline cookies may hinder you from taking full advantage of our website.
How We Use The Information Gathered.
- Respond to your service requests, questions and concerns.
- Processing your order.
- Administering your account.
- Keeping you informed about special offers and services of Polka dot.co.ke and selected third parties.
- Administer promotions and notify you of important events.
- Investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities and/or violations of our Terms of Service.
- Meet our research and product/service development needs and to improve our Site, services and offerings.
- Customizing your experience within the website or on the internet, this includes targeting of services and specific discounts to you.
Entities with Whom We Share Information
How can you control your personal information when shopping for gift hampers with us?
You can establish an account to use or access certain features of the Polka Dot Kenya. In the registration process, you will be asked to select unique password for your account. You are solely responsible for protecting the security and confidentiality of your password. You will also be accountable for any activity undertaken through your account on our website. You have to immediately notify us in case of any unauthorized use of your account or password or any breach of security.